I am a research lead and manager at Samsung Research America. I graduated with a Ph.D. in computer science from Dartmouth College, an M.Sc. in computer science from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and a B.Sc. in Information Technology from Ho Chi Minh city University of Science. My research interests are computer vision, machine learning and computer graphics, with specific interests in video understanding, representation learning, and vision for robotics.
- 01/03/2023: Tarun's FLAVR is selected as a Best Paper Finalist at WACV'23 (12 out of 641 accepted papers).
- 06/19/2022: I give a keynote talk at CVPR'22 ActivityNet workshop.
- 06/19/2022: I will serve as a program co-chair for ACCV'24.
- 03/28/2022: AMiner recognizes me as one of the most influential scholars in computer vision between 2012-2021
(full list, award certificate).
- 03/08/2022: Two papers accepted at CVPR'22.
- Finalist, Facebook Graduate Fellowship (2015).
- Dartmouth Presidential Graduate Fellowship (2012).
- Vietnam Education Fellowship (2006).
I serve as a program co-chair for ACCV'24.
I serve as an area chair or SPC for BMVC'21-'22, AAAI'22-'23, ACCV'22, ECCV'22, ICCV'23.
I serve as a reviewer for TPAMI, IJCV, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, SIGGRAPH.
I maintain a list CV and ML conference acceptance rate here.